Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snowman Christmas Card

Well, I finally made a card!!  I totally scraplifted this card from one of Jennifer McGuire's HOLIDAY THINKING INKING CLASSES at Two Peas In A Bucket.  Her videos are amazing.

This is probably only the third card I have ever made and I am really happy with how it turned out.  Ok, if you look close enough there are a few mistakes, but overall I love it.

The background was a piece of white cardstock that I stamped with Distress Ink using an acrylic block (but no stamp).  Then using the same color of ink, I stamped the snowflakes using a StampinUp stamp.  The snowman was cut from the Cricut Seasonal cartridge - Christmas Cards

Here are the supplies I used for this card:
-  White, Blue, Green Red and Brown cardstock
-  Distressed Ink - Broken China
-  Archival Ink - Jet Black
-  Acrylic block
-  Snowflake stamp - StampinUp "Frosty" set
-  Sentiment stamp - Recollections stamp set from Michael's
-  Cricut Expression
-  Christmas Cards - Seasonal Cricut Cartridge
-  Peachy Keen - Christmas Character Face Assortment - PK-480
-  Jelly Roll Pen - White
-  Black Marker
-  Red and Pink Chalk

As I mentioned above, Jennifer McGuire made an amazing series of videos called Holiday Thinking Inking and this idea was scraplifted from one of her videos, Holiday Thinking Inking Week 2: More Distress Inks.  You can check out both her series of videos by clicking on these links:  Thinking Inking and the most recent, Holiday Thinking Inking.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! This card is SOOO STINKIN CUTE!!!
    I wanted to answer your question here! I got the glossy paint from Joann's!
    Big Gypsy hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails